Dolan Integration Group (DIG) is a geochemical consulting and laboratory services company providing innovative solutions to companies and individuals actively exploring, developing or producing unconventional oil and gas resources. Our oil and gas clients range from smaller independent operators to major integrated companies. We also serve environmental firms and government agencies. Read more details below to review our careers and opportunities!
We invite applications for an entry-level Laboratory Technician in our state-of-the-art GC-IRMS laboratory. This laboratory is dedicated to the compositional and stable isotopic analysis of gaseous hydrocarbons for exploration, production and environmental applications. We have also recently added another GC and automated sample prep system for the whole oil analysis of crude oil samples, with more technologies planned for 2019.
This position is well suited to someone with a background in computer science or chemistry who possesses excellent organizational, computer and database skills, an astute attention to detail and the enthusiasm to deliver the superior level of customer service our clientele have come to expect. This position will assist with essential tasks in the laboratory that keep our day to day operations running smoothly, such as the accurate intake of samples, creating client data reports, shipping sampling equipment and managing sample storage and disposal. Though this position is designed for an entry level technician, there is considerable room for growth and development after learning the ins and outs of DIG laboratory processes, such as training to operate and maintain the instrumentation in the lab and helping DIG develop new processes and technologies.
Laboratory Technician I
Posting Date: December 18, 2019
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Accurate in-processing of oil, gas and water samples
- Maintaining DIG’s central sample inventory and data storage database (MS Access)
- Physically managing samples in the laboratory queue and sample storage
- Maintaining a well-organized, searchable sample storage repository
- Developing a clear process to dispose of expired samples
- Regularly tracking/ maintaining stocks of laboratory consumables and sampling supplies
- Creating sampling kits for field personnel and shipping equipment to field locations
- Interacting professionally with clients and field sampling partners
- Assistance with the daily operation of laboratory instrumentation
- Creating client reports for delivery of DIG laboratory data
- Responsible for quality control of both data and process of work
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform tasks in an organized, methodical manner
- Work accurately and conscientiously with data
- Ability to communicate task status, needs and issues to team members
- Interact with clients in a timely and professional manner
- Ability to stay on task, follow through and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate flexibility and propensity to work in a small team setting
- Take initiative in improving existing laboratory products and processes
- Strong team player
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience
- Background in chemical or computer sciences
- Familiar with the organization of scientific data in spreadsheet and database form, preferably with MS Excel, MS Access or SQL
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interact with industry clients in a professional and courteous manner
- Legally allowed to work in the US and local to Westminster, CO area
- Previous laboratory experience, particularly with gas chromatograph or isotope ratio mass spectrometry (IRMS) instrumentation
- Knowledge of petroleum geology and geochemistry
Local candidates only, please.
Position Availability: Immediate
DIG offers: A competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience; generous benefits and vacation package; and multiple opportunities for ongoing professional development.
To apply for this position, Email a resume or CV to Jeniece Scharf – email@example.com
No phone calls, please.